We’re a people first company that truly believes in a human centred approach in everything we do. Founded by Tom Scott and Lauren Kelly, The Fearless Group consists of three companies that work together to build and scale design teams:
- Fearless Talent - Design specialist talent consultancy
- Fierce - End to end design combining experience with the shiny
- The Fearless Community - A global network of designers driving change and innovation
Our mission: To design a better world
We apply our mission to all of our daily interactions with candidates, clients and teams and treat it as a philosophy and work ethic with everything that we do.
At Fearless Talent, we apply our mission to all of our daily interactions with candidates, clients & teams and treat it as a philosophy and work ethic in everything that we do. Partnering with our clients, we embed talent teams to consult, source, and oversee the scaling of culture-driven design capabilities with speed and quality.
The Talent Director role will be a people person first and foremost that can walk into a room and inspire the team and our clients to think beyond old school recruitment and feel empowered and excited about talent acquisition and strategic talent consulting. With a combination of a consulting skillset and a natural sourcer, you will shape, lead and empower our EMEA talent team.
As a Talent Director at Fearless, you grasp the big picture and what it means to hire for a broad range of roles, but zooming in is where you thrive. You ensure no detail falls through the cracks, and you do it with ease as an expert communicator demonstrating a high EQ. You have a proven organisational system and can roll with the punches. You are always looking for better ways to do things.
The Talent Director is an essential member of the Talent Team and is responsible for ushering each candidate through the recruiting process. Each email you send, every piece of candidate feedback you share, and every interview you schedule, shape the candidate's experience. As the face of Talent at Fearless, you bring your authentic, witty, optimistic self to everything you do.
The work you'll do
You will work on a Talent team supporting the CEO & CCO with the following:
- Working with the Group Leadership team to ensure consistently great experiences for Clients.
- Feeding into, executing and measuring the annual and quarterly strategy/roadmap for our EMEA talent team.
- The success of the business and talent team in said location.
- Develop country-specific models, principles, quality standards, ways of working, and processes and support these globally.
- Overseeing and owning the account plan for each client relevant to said location.
- Location-based risk/issue management.
- Manage and develop client relationships and retention across the location and act as an escalation point for location-specific risks/issues and less senior team members.
- Building strong working relationships within The Fearless Group with counterparts in other business units.
- Define and implement processes, strategies, and procedures to support the business objectives for the location and input into global.
- Supporting development and iteration of Talent specific or impacting policies and procedures including GDPR.
- Ensuring location-based Talent teams comply with all relevant rules, regulations, and policies including those surrounding the ATS and personal data.
- Look for new and innovative ways to improve the recruitment process to adapt to growing business demands.
- Support new business attraction
- Feeding into and supporting the content strategy Fearless Talent social media pages
- Identify & deliver improvements throughout the Talent community.
- Reviewing job postings for accuracy and equity, Posting jobs and keeping LinkedIn up to date.
- Line and performance management of Talent Team Associates.
- Team recruitment, management, training, development, and support
- Building team culture and supporting overall talent culture.
- Measuring and reporting on OKRs for location, targets, empowering and building the team.
- Setting and measuring team accountabilities and objectives and OKRs.
- Own team communications for EMEA talent team ensuring everyone is kept informed
- Ensure the team completes all mandatory training and adhere to corporate policies, procedures, and processes.
- Onboarding/off-boarding teams (from a Talent perspective).
- Being the thread of continuity for each candidate. Hosting and engaging with them through the process, and ensuring follow-up and feedback is efficient.
- Coordinating and scheduling interviews – anticipating changes in interviewers’ availability and making alternative plans in advance.
- Able to roll your sleeves up and have some time focused on sourcing high profile roles for our biggest clients.
- Sourcing candidates on LinkedIn Recruiter, reviewing resumes in ATS, Applicant Tracking System, and screening candidates when appropriate. Booking and managing candidate travel.
- Auditing the ATS, ensuring it is up-to-date with referrals, resumes, and notes. Gathering and posting interview feedback in ATS, managing the compliance of candidate feedback and record keeping.
- Owning candidate flow and facilitating the recruitment process from sourcing to onboarding.
- Ensuring a flawless handoff to the Onboarding Coordinator for new hires.
- Ensure client contact reports are actioned
- Regular updates and reporting to both group leadership and our clients.
- Work with the North American talent director to ensure consistency, knowledge sharing and best practices
- In-house and/or agency recruitment experience, specifically recruiting for design hires for a dynamic and fast-growing business – demonstrating the ability to identify and qualify design talent (you know what a great portfolio looks like!)
- Recruitment of freelance and permanent roles
- Expert level with Linkedin recruiter, Boolean search and research skills.
- Demonstrable ability to proactively identify talent for Fearless’s clients, in line with business goals and hiring strategy
- Ability to manage a dynamic requisition load
- Business partnering senior (partner level) stakeholders
- A sense of urgency, working at pace and unparalleled attention to detail
- Awesome written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to individuals at all levels.
- Data management – keeping data and systems clean to ensure accurate reporting
- Undergraduate degree and 5-7+ years of administrative, HR, or recruiting experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous leadership experience leading teams of 20 people or more
- Experience using an applicant tracking system.
- Must be self-motivated, highly detail-oriented and organised.
- Able to take initiative to make or adapt to changes.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Comfortable working in ambiguity.
- As much EQ as IQ with excellent writing and communication skills. Familiarity with tech and creative recruiting is a plus.
No matter who you are, where you’re from, whom you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with, you're welcome at Fearless. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process or thereafter, please do let us know!