We’re a people first company that truly believes in a human centred approach in everything we do. The Fearless Group consists of three companies that work together to build and scale design teams:
- Fearless Talent - Connecting businesses with outstanding design talent
- Fierce - World-class end-to-end design services
- The Fearless Community - A global network of designers driving change for social good
Our mission: To design a better world
We apply our mission to all of our daily interactions with candidates, clients and teams and treat it as a philosophy and work ethic with everything that we do.
We’re looking for a super organised, results driven finance manager to join our team and lead all our finance operations.
Our dream candidate is passionate about people and culture, proactive, organised and is focused on delivery and continuous improvement.
This role reports to our Finance Director.
- Main day to day finance contact within the business for our finance operations
- Processing / management of Accounts Payable invoices
- Processing, inputting to accounts system and obtaining approval of related invoices
- Batching purchase invoices regular payment runs each month to ensure suppliers are paid on a reasonable timescale, whilst maximising cash flow and avoiding ad-hoc payments
- Input of BACS payment runs to online banking system for approval by management
- Processing / Management of Accounts Receivable, including: -
- Work with the client teams to ensure all sales invoices are raised in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure all invoices are posted to the Accounts system (Xero)
- Regular email and phone liaison with customers to achieve close management of Accounts Receivable to ensure monies all received on time and overdue debt is kept to an absolute minimum
- Running payroll, HMRC submissions and employee pensions setup/amends
- Bank reconciliations and all other Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Journal preparation and posting, including prepayments and accruals
- Review and adjust monthly P&L and Balance Sheet information prior to preparation of final management accounts
- Provide analysis and recommendations of financial information, including but not limited to management accounts, profitability reports
- Creation and distribution of monthly accounting reporting
- Assist and prepare forecasting and annual budgets as required
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Main point of contact with external accountants for preparation of annual accounts, audit and corporation tax
- Working with commercial teams to develop reporting and modelling
- Define, implement and evolve our account processes and procedures
- Ownership and management of ATS financial system
- High level of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to communicate clearly internally and externally with people at all experience levels, both verbally and in writing
- Able to prioritise multiple tasks
- Ability to work both as part of a team and under your own initiative
- Keen to learn and develop in a growing business
- Excellent IT skills, particularly excel and accountancy software
- 4-7 years in Accounts roles, at least 3 of which must be in industry rather than practice, experience in a similar role is an advantage
- Experience with Ariba
- Agency (Creative/Design/Recruitment) sector experience is an advantage
At Fierce we’ve been working remotely for the past year, embracing location flexibility fully. We’ve opened our office in London, while continuing to explore how a hybrid working environment can work. We currently expect our team to be working in the office 3 days a week.
- We know the frustration of seeing an amazing role and not knowing if the pay is a fit.. so we've added the bands here to support pay equity and transparency. The range for this role is £40k to £50k.
- Flexible working hours where needed
- 3% employer contribution to your pension
- Annual training and access to conferences
- Private healthcare
- 1 week remote working per month
No matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with, you're welcome at Fearless. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process or thereafter, please do let us know!