We’re a people first company that truly believes in a human centred approach in everything we do. Founded by Tom Scott and Lauren Kelly, The Fearless Group consists of three companies that work together to build and scale design teams:
- Fearless Talent - Specialist design talent acquisition and recruitment services
- Fierce - Experience design services
- The Fearless Community - 6,000+ Designers around the world, working together to create events and user-generated content that impacts the design industry
Our mission: To design a better world
We apply our mission to all of our daily interactions with candidates, clients and teams and treat it as a philosophy and work ethic with everything that we do.
At Fierce we’re committed to driving outcomes that are both achievable and meaningful for our clients and their customers. We do this day-in and day-out for some of the world’s most valuable brands, applying our craft and experience to a wide range of contexts, most often those that are complex, risky, ambiguous or a combination of all three.
We’re growing at a rapid pace, maturing from startup to scale-up, without losing sight of what’s made us special from the start – our people, our values, our dedication to quality and our ability to learn and grow as a team.
We’re looking for a Product Design Director. The right person will bring extensive experience, guiding teams and client-side stakeholders alike to design and deliver
product experiences that stand-out.
A passionate design doer and with a keen eye for detail – you set the bar for what good looks like across work that goes out the door, you connect the dots from the ambiguous through to high-calibre market-ready output – polished and finessed..
- Set the standard on craft quality, processes and tool-kits, ensuring the most appropriate approach is taken to deliver work – you are an authority when it comes to visual prototyping, UI, interaction and motion design
- Driving craft excellence across client accounts, managing key client relationships, while guiding top talent and teams across design delivery
- Play a role in guiding and supporting the hiring of design talent, especially when it comes to UI, interaction and motion design, working closely with our talent and operations teams, as well as client-side counterparts across a common process
- Provide line-management and mentorship that enables designers at Fierce to explore and mature their skills, to develop and progress in their role and career
- Play a key role in developing clear, impactful account vision and plan, aligned to broader strategies that ensure team and relationship health, quality across delivery and commercial growth
As part of this role you...
- Bring design leadership experience working across multiple clients and work streams, managing and driving key relationships, establishing design practice standards and conditions with which to achieve success
- Will be an ambassador for Fierce, both in terms of demonstrating craft excellence and championing our culture and values in concert with the organisations we operate within
- Will guide and mentor teams, individuals and stakeholders alike, playing a key role in driving design understanding and maturity, covering design thinking and design execution, and beyond
- Are committed to ensuring team health and client satisfaction, while also ensuring our delivery aligns with our commercial targets
- Communicate with clarity and exemplify grace under pressure
- Will get involved with new business pitches, workshops and proposals, championing the appropriate design approach, ensuring it is best suited to achieve our client’s vision and objectives, aligned to budgets, and timelines
- A proven track record working as part of large and/or complex client accounts and work streams with individual project revenues in the region of £100k to £1m and annual revenues of between £5m and £10m
- Ability to manage across 1 to 3 client accounts, and manage across multiple teams, with a record for directly line-managing from 2 to 4 designers
- Fluent and experienced in lean-Agile software delivery, where Design, Delivery, Tech and other roles work closely and collaboratively across a common process
- Work with agency and enterprise teams alike, across time-zones and geographies
- You are able to showcase examples where you’ve played a critical role managing complex work and/or turning around challenging teams and engagements
- Flexible working hours and locations for both remote and office based roles
- 3% employer contribution to your pension
- Annual training and access to conferences
At Fierce we’ve been working remotely for the past year, embracing location flexibility fully. We’ve opened our office in London, while continuing to explore how hybrid working environment can work. We currently expect our team to be working in the office 3 days a week. Beyond this we’re also keen advocates in supporting those who wish to work fully remotely and what it can offer
No matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with, you're welcome at Fearless. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process or thereafter, please do let us know!