We’re a people first company that truly believes in a human centred approach in everything we do. Founded by Tom Scott and Lauren Kelly, The Fearless Group consists of three companies that work together to build and scale design teams:
- Fearless Talent - Design specialist talent consultancy
- Fierce - End to end design combining experience with the shiny
- The Fearless Community - A global network of designers driving change and innovation
Our mission: To design a better world
We apply our mission to all of our daily interactions with candidates, clients and teams and treat it as a philosophy and work ethic with everything that we do.
At Fierce we’re committed to driving outcomes that are both achievable and meaningful for our clients and their customers. We do this day-in and day-out for some of the world’s most valuable brands, applying our craft and experience to a wide range of contexts, most often those that are complex, risky, ambiguous or a combination of all three.
We’re growing at a rapid pace, maturing from startup to scale-up, without losing sight of what’s made us special from the start – our people, our values, our dedication to quality and our ability to learn and grow as a team.
As an agency that believes in the power of end to end design that combines unique user-centred experiences with the shiny to enables truly lovable products and services, we are looking to further build out our Creative Design discipline by bringing in a Senior Motion designer that has strong design and conceptual abilities, is able to own delivery across projects.
The right person will have a passion for video and animation, a meticulous eye for detail and be willing to not just lead and execute ideas but also be a part of owning and delivering across the end to end creative process in order to simplify complex interactions, solve challenging design problems and help create delightful user centric experiences that create meaningful change for our clients and support Fierce in creating a better world.
- Work iteratively and collaboratively with excellent time management skills to execute craft supporting your team in the delivery of high quality deliverables that meet identified user and business needs, goals and constraints, within tight deadlines and with a strong attention to detail.
- Be an advocate for motion design in all aspects of the job and help drive opportunities to increase the awareness and appetite for motion design within project work and client engagements.
- Live our values and lead by example, support and coaching for more junior designers in the team and/or on projects to support their career, skill progression and ensure the quality of project deliverables.
- Play a key role in representing Fierce and support the Fearless Community team and members whether through engaging in daily conversations, participating in events or something else that takes your fancy.
Requirements & skills
- Experience with iterative collaboration with a wider design team, developers and other stakeholders to test new technologies, approaches and explore opportunities that push the brief to produce creative solutions for integrating motion into products.
- Have an understanding of visual design elements, colour, and composition, as well as sensitivity to aesthetic and seasonal trends with the ability to conceptualise across a wide range of styles and aesthetics and visualise ideas in 3D.
- Excellent communication, storytelling and visualisation skills to be able to articulate concepts and decision making in a clear, concise manner and provide both vision and direction for others designers and stakeholders.
- Experience as Senior Motion Designer, working in Agency and collaborative B2B and B2C multi-vendor environments and with teams in different geographies.
- Practitioner with design software including Figma, Sketch and prototyping tools like After Effects, ProtoPie, Framer, Principle, Origami.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and modern front-end development languages like React, Swift (additional software engineering skills a strong plus).
At Fierce we’ve been working remotely for the past year, embracing location flexibility fully. We’ve opened our office in London, while continuing to explore how a hybrid working environment can work. We currently expect our team to be working in the office 3 days a week.
- We know the frustration of seeing an amazing role and not knowing if the pay is a fit.. so we've added the bands here to support pay equity and transparency. The range for this role is £55k to £70k.
- Flexible working hours and locations where needed.
- 3% employer contribution to your pension
- Annual training and access to conferences
- Private healthcare
No matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with, you're welcome at Fearless. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process or thereafter, please do let us know!