We’re a people first company that truly believes in a human centred approach in everything we do. Founded by Tom Scott and Lauren Kelly, The Fearless Group consists of three companies that work together to build and scale design teams:
- Fearless Talent - Design specialist talent consultancy
- Fierce - End to end design combining experience with the shiny
- The Fearless Community - A global network of designers driving change and innovation
Our mission: To design a better world
We apply our mission to all of our daily interactions with candidates, clients and teams and treat it as a philosophy and work ethic with everything that we do.
At Fierce we’re committed to driving outcomes that are both achievable and meaningful for our clients and their customers. We do this day-in and day-out for some of the world’s most valuable brands, applying our craft and experience to a wide range of contexts, most often those that are complex, risky, ambiguous or a combination of all three.
We’re growing at a rapid pace, maturing from startup to scale-up, without losing sight of what’s made us special from the start – our people, our values, our dedication to quality and our ability to learn and grow as a team.
We are looking for a Senior Visual designer to join our Creative Design Discipline. The right candidate will have a delicate eye for detail and an extensive understanding of and be able to selectively leverage visual design elements, colour and composition principles, as well as sensitivity to aesthetic and seasonal trends to produce high-quality visuals — from concept to execution — across many platforms.
As part of the Fierce team, you’ll be expected to apply and feed into our processes and playbooks and work collaboratively with other designers to constantly refine, iterate and create user centric products and services that create meaningful change for our clients and support Fierce in creating a better world.
- Supporting a team of designers on large and small scale projects from concept to completion, collaborating with cross-functional partners and designers from our company, the clients company and other agencies.
- Utilising the Fierce’s Experience and Creative Design processes, playbooks, principles & best practices setting the delivery standard across the team
- Live our values and lead by example coaching more junior designers in the team and/or on projects to support their career, skill progression and ensure the quality of project deliverables.
- Play a key role in representing Fierce and support the Fearless Community team and members whether through engaging in daily conversations, participating in events or something else that takes your fancy.
Requirements & skills
- Be able to produce strong outputs including moodboards, design concepts, high fidelity designs and prototypes, team and project plans with minimal support.
- Comfort in working end to end; from strategy to launch and optimisation whilst collaborating within cross functional teams and supporting agile ways of working, to translate user and business needs and requirements and leverage existing design systems, whether iterating against ongoing product roadmaps or launching MVP and Beta products, to create pixel perfect, production ready and delightful solutions.
- Be an expert communicator and storyteller to help articulate your thinking and decision making process and take the wider team and your stakeholders on the journey with you.
- Have a portfolio or deck to showcase your work.
- Demonstrated Senior Visual Designer capabilities, working in collaborative enterprise or agency environments and with clients in different geographies.
- Mastery of design tools i.e. Figma, Sketch & Adobe Creative Suite. Additional prototyping tools would be a bonus!
- An understanding of HTML CSS, front-end architecture, agile development practices and software engineering delivery.
At Fierce we’ve been working remotely for the past year, embracing location flexibility fully. We’ve opened our office in London, while continuing to explore how a hybrid working environment can work. We currently expect our team to be working in the office 3 days a week.
- We know the frustration of seeing an amazing role and not knowing if the pay is a fit.. so we've added the bands here to support pay equity and transparency. The range for this role is £55k to £70k.
- Flexible working hours and locations where needed.
- 3% employer contribution to your pension
- Annual training and access to conferences
- Private healthcare
No matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with, you're welcome at Fearless. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process or thereafter, please do let us know!